Monday, August 18, 2014

Blog Entry 1

I chose Disney To Grimm as my FYS because I grew up on fairy tales. I loved the stories and messages the fairy tales told. They were not only enjoyable but they tought you imporant lessons about love, kindness and how to treat others. Fairy tales helped me better understand the things my mother would teach me. I could visually see the life lessons and enjoy them better because they were cartoons. I am hoping to accomplish alot in this seminar. I want to know how fairy tales were created. I want to know where they came from. I want to know what was the first fairy tale ever made. I want to know the history behind fairy tales and the process it took to make them. I want to know anything and everything that I dont already know about fairy tales while being in this class. My favorite fairy tale is Beauty and the Beast. I love it because belle was able to see past the breast (ugliness) and see who he was inside. This meant alot to me because i feel like people should never judge a book by its cover. The beast wasnt what he looked like. He was actually a lovng and caring person who thought people would judge him by his looks. This is going to always be my favorite because it teaches you to treat people how you want to be treated. You should never make a person feel worthless in any way shape or form. I cant wait to experience this class and all the wonderful things about disney it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment